Call 211

Did you know that United Way offers a free 24/7 statewide contact for information when you are in need of help?  If you find yourself in a situation where you need assistance with rent, food, utilities, shelter or more, you can call 2-1-1 to find out where you can turn.  You can also visit their website, to get a listing of services that are available in Barton and Pawnee Counties.  On this website you can also find volunteer opportunities, links to United Ways across Kansas, or submit your non-profit for listing.  This is a great resource, especially this time of the year.  It is a one-stop site or phone call that can point you in the right direction.  United Way of Central Kansas supports many non-profits that are listed on this site, including; Salvation Army of Barton County, Family Crisis Center, Central Kansas CASA, Habitat for Humanity-Barton County, Meals on Wheels, RSVP Medical Transportation, Hoisington Trolley, and Hoisington Community Food Bank.  This service is supported by United Way’s across the United States and is available to anyone that needs to reach out for help, but doesn’t know where to go.  The next time you need help, call 2-1-1.  If you would like to have 2-1-1 information out in your business for customers or employees, contact United Way of Central Kansas at 620-792-2403 and we will get information to you.