Stuff the Bus
Stuff the Bus
Our Stuff the Bus fundraiser in Great Bend was a huge success, filling 2 school buses along with over $200.00 in cash. We hope that the events in Larned and Ellinwood are just as successful.
The premise of Stuff the Bus is to have a School Bus at local businesses in the community in order to collect much needed items from the generous residents in our area. We will have two locations in Larned this year at Shopko and at Dillons from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Thursday August 28th.
The entire month of September you can drop off items at Sunflower Bank in Ellinwood
The United Way is partnering with Ellinwood, Great Bend and Larned school districts to provide our local communities with much needed items for our 19 agencies. Our goal is to fill the bus!
Let’s fill that bus!!
99% stays in our community and helps 19 agencies!
1. Blankets, Stuffed Animals
2. Office supplies: copy paper, pens, tape, folders and binders, envelopes, notebooks, highlighters, white-out, legal pads, staples and paper clips, Label tape machine labels
3. Household items: paper towels, toilet paper, trash bags, facial tissue, etc. laundry soap, cleaning supplies, sponges, comet, etc.
4. Art/craft supplies: crayons, markers, construction paper, glue, child and adult scissors, glitter, acrylic paint, watercolors, poster board, stickers, Disposable dining ware: cups, paper or Styrofoam plates, paper napkins
5. Toys: infant/toddler toys, preschool and school-age toys/games
6. Baby supplies: diapers, wipes
7. Travel size toiletries: soap, deodorant, cotton swabs, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, etc.
8. New hygiene items: brushes, combs, toothbrushes
9. Non-perishable snacks: drink boxes/juice packs, cracker packs, goldfish, fruit snacks
10. Regular ground coffee
11. Roller pads (for paint rollers), painters tape, brooms, dustpans, gardening gloves, canvas drop cloths., new home building supplies
12. Non perishable food and boys teen clothing
13. Skeins of yarn, regular and baby yarn-all colors